Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Saving Jenna

Sometimes you have to give it all away just to save one person. Would you do the same? I did. While I lost my country
I did not lose my mine. I lost my family, will always love them. Sometimes you have to save traces of your family heritage.

This song always reminds me of what I gave up in order to gain something. For those of you who used to know me in America,
I hope you'll remember me. Will America wake up in time and take their country back?

When I read this phrase I think of those who came before us:

They came first for the Communists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me
and by that time no one was left to speak up.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
There are 39 boxes in my Mom's attic and I always
think of this song.

No comments:

Post a Comment